Monday, November 28, 2011

The Answer to ALL My Problems

I got this little gem from my counselor in rehab. Can't recall how many times I repeated to myself "Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems today." It's no secret that the philosophies that guide recovery can be applied to life in general. Take out the word "addiction" in the paragraph below and replace it with whatever you might be struggling with...it might make your day a little easier.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation – some fact of my life – unacceptable to me. I can find no serenity until I accept that fact of my life as being exactly the way it’s supposed to be at this moment. Nothing happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my addiction I could not stay clean. Unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need only to concentrate on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes. 



No comments: