Thursday, December 15, 2011

Being Before Doing

What we are comes before what we do


 In order to produce good fruit, the tree has to be a good tree. If I  am not whole, integrated, and in touch with myself and God, the actions I take will not be satisfying.

Being abstinent is more important than anything I can do. Through abstinence all things are possible. I still have to make choices, deal with frustration and conflict, and accept some defeats; the difference is that I am  coping with reality rather than escaping.

The best things I do are those which God does through me. I must simply be ready and available, a sharpened tool which God may use. I may not see the ultimate results of our actions but I trust that what I do will be acceptable and according to God's will.

May I be what You intend.

No comments: