Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Becoming clean is a beautiful demonstration of realizing God's salvation in a deeply personal and incredibly personal way. Getting clean is the price of admission to a program that teaches one her weaknesses, tragedies, and desperate need for a Savior.

Seven months and twenty five days ago I started my journey of recovery. I stopped living in denial and started learning how to make living amends for what I had done.

I am thankful for sobriety and the many people who have helped (and continue to help) me achieve it.

Most importantly, I am thankful to God for enabling me to break the terrible cycle of addiction. Ultimately is was only through HIM that I was restored to sanity.

Sanity and sobriety are two things I am thankful for every single day.

1 comment:

LL said...

Whoa!!! You went on a posting spree. I'm glad to see it. ;)

Sorry I haven't checked in on you lately, but alas... it's funny how real life gets in the way of my blog reading time.

Keep up the good work, you've got far more people pulling for you to succeed in this than to fail.